What an awesome idea for a blog post. My girlfriend, Vikki, over at For a Moment Photography came up with this ingenious idea and has allowed me use it. Thanks Vikki. And don't forget to click on her link and check out her "Spill it". Round One. And Round Two.
This is the contents of my purse dumped out on my kitchen floor. You see, I wanted the orange rug for effect and it was a big enough area to spread everything out. And, yes, it is a really big bag.
How does it work? You dump out the contents of your bag and spill it. Spill the contents that is. My girlfriend numbers her items. I, however, did not number my items. Somehow, I have a feeling you will be able to figure it out. I am starting at the top right of the picture and going clockwise. So here goes:
- Books: 24 Walks in Rome and Rick Steve's Rome 2010
- Hold that Thought sticky notes (love these - from Barnes & Noble)
- Broken headpiece (in the garbage now) and my Blackberry (I am addicted)
- 2 packs of tissues (travel size) and sunglasses bag
- Workout Journal (travel size), Bandaids and Victoria Secret's Fashion Tape
- Napkins (yes, you will frequently find these in my bag)
- Starbucks card and mmiscellaneous receipts (now I have a gold card however, I still like this one)
- 2 MK travel size hand cream (one is almost gone and I am not ready to get rid of it yet)
- Several lipglosses (MK and MAC), chapstick with sunscreen and of course, my Carmex
- MAC Lipliner Whirl, MK Shade Highlighting Pen (love it) and a mixed bottle of Tylenol, Advil, etc.
- MAC Blotting Powder and contact lens case
- Gum, inhaler, wallet, lint remover (travel size), Very Sexy Perfume, Rewetting drops and hair clip
- Jiminy Cricket pin (my good luck charm)
- Oil blotting sheets, Bandaid blister stuff (this rocks), hand sanitizer (travel size), girlie products
- Redken 18 Hairspray (travel size) - the best!
- Jesse Hudson CD (aka rockstar next-door-neighbor) - by the way I need to let Jesse know that I LOVE songs 1 and 6 - too bad I wasn't "well connected' in LA right now...
- Pens, lead pencil, highlighter
- 2 journals. One, for writing blog ideas. Second, for lists and travel ideas. Yes, I am a list maker (its a sickness).
- Travel folder with all of my trip research, purple index card box, green ring notebook -- lengthly and unfinished blog posts
- Magazine pages that I ripped out for a blog post
- My camera, hair tie, headband, and bobby pins
A lot of stuff in a big, big bag. I look at this way - I have everything with me that I might possibly need. And I definitely won't be bored.
Now ladies, feel free to spill it. Guys, spill your wallet, gym bag, or briefcase. Don't forget to link up to this post so I can see what your spilling.
Thanks for stopping by for a little of ...this & that...